Too good to be true

Its no secret that I am a brunch convert and anybody who knows me knows about my recent love for this meal of the day.  A stress-free late breakfast with good friends around, plenty of food infront of the eyes and - most importantly - an excuse to overeat - the concept is brilliant for people like myself who take food as seriously as they take other pleasures. I also blame living in Dusseldorf for this - a city full of nice cafe´s, restaurants, delis and human energy. If you have a few good friends in life, the Dorf has so much to offer - from expensive, glitzy, upscaled places to cheap but tasty alternatives.


However, as much I enjoy trying out the different cafes in my town, I love taking pride in preparing an all-cooked-by-me buffet every now and then for friends and family. The best part about having brunch at home is that you can be totally flexible about the type of cuisine you offer. There is no wait for the table and on top of that the left overs provide a good justification for the expense.

Ive found some nice photos from the few brunch sessions Ive hosted at my residence during the six months of my blogging break. I hope they give you some inspiration for your next party.
















My famous chicken stacks - this time with crushed pumpkin seeds on top. Everyone loved it and thought I went to a lot of trouble making it.













 Would it be a brunch without scones? Correct answer: NO. Click here for the recipe!






Chicken shami kebab and samosas...










Pancakes!!!! Or should I say, THE BEST PANCAKES EVER!!





Hungry??? Im not done yet.

Click here for the sequel to this post!


Happy brunching and happy weekend, everyone!!!




Comments

Popular Posts